If you are here must be wondering how to recover a suspended instagram account.
Having your Instagram account suddenly suspended can be incredibly frustrating. But don’t panic – in many cases, you can get your account reactivated by taking the right steps.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know about how to recover a suspended instagram account.
Types of Instagram Account Suspensions
There are a few main reasons why your Instagram account may have been suspended:
- Violating Community Guidelines – Things like posting nudity, hate speech, harassment, or spamming can get your account suspended.
- Unusual Activity – If Instagram detects suspicious activity like an account hack or excessive unfollows, they may suspend your account temporarily.
- Impersonation – Pretending to be someone else by using their name/photo will quickly get your account banned.
- Underage Users – Instagram requires users to be at least 13 years old. Accounts registered by younger kids will be suspended.
Knowing the reason for the suspension will help you take the proper steps to appeal it. Let’s look at how to recover ig account access in each scenario.
Appealing Community Guidelines Violations
If your account was suspended for violating Instagram’s community guidelines, you may be able to appeal the decision and get your account reinstated. Here’s how:
Submit an Appeal Request
- Go to the Instagram Help Center and submit an appeal explaining why you believe the suspension was a mistake. Provide as much detail as possible.
- Upload a photo of yourself holding a handwritten note with your full name, username, and the date. This helps Instagram confirm your identity.
Wait for Instagram’s Review
- It typically takes 24-48 hours for an appeal to be reviewed. Check your email inbox for a response from Instagram.
- If approved, your account will be restored. If denied, you’ll have to wait 30 days to submit another appeal.
Adjust Your Account to Follow Guidelines
- Once your account is restored, be extra cautious about following community guidelines moving forward.
- Remove any questionable content and avoid actions that may be perceived as rule violations. Steer clear of spam, nudity, and harassment.
Getting Reinstated After Unusual Activity
Sometimes overly-eager Instagram growth tactics can backfire and get your account suspended for unusual activity. Here are some tips for getting it reactivated:
Stop Automated Follow/Unfollow Activity
- Using third-party apps to automatically follow and unfollow tons of accounts looks suspicious and may result in suspension.
Avoid Aggressively Liking or Commenting
- Liking or commenting on posts too rapidly can also appear like bot activity to Instagram. Slow down your interactions.
Wait It Out
- For short suspensions due to unusual activity, time is your friend. Just sit tight for 24-48 hours and your account should be restored.
Adjust Account Activity Moving Forward
- Once your access is restored, avoid automated third-party apps and manually space out your follows, likes, and comments. This makes your activity appear more organic.
Recovering From an Account Hack or Impersonation
Having your account hacked or impersonated is extremely troubling. Here are some tips on regaining control:
Use Instagram’s Support Form
- If you can’t access your account at all, fill out this form and explain you were hacked or impersonated. Provide your username and any details that confirm the account is yours.
Reset Your Password
- If you can still log in, quickly go to your account settings and reset your password. Enable two-factor authentication for added security moving forward.
Remove any Suspicious Content
- Once you regain account access, delete any questionable content the hacker may have posted that goes against Instagram’s guidelines.
Report the Impersonation Account
- If someone created a fake account pretending to be you, report them for impersonation. Provide Instagram with any details confirming you are the real account owner.
Appealing Underage Account Suspensions
If Instagram disabled your account because you are under 13, you unfortunately won’t get it back. But here are a few options:
Wait Until You Turn 13
- Instagram requires users to be at least 13 years old. Once you turn 13, you can create a new account and prove your age.
Have a Parent Supervise Your Account
- If you are under 13 but really want an Instagram account, a parent or legal guardian can supervise your new account once they prove their relationship to you.
Use a Different Social Platform
- Consider switching to a more age-appropriate social media platform like Facebook Messenger Kids until you turn 13.
What to Do If You Can’t Recover Your Account
In rare cases, Instagram may refuse to reinstate your account no matter what you try. Here are some last ditch efforts you can take:
Keep Trying the Appeals Process
- Sometimes repeatedly submitting appeals shows Instagram you are serious about regaining access and convinces them to restore your account. Don’t give up after the first denied appeal!
Reach Out to Instagram on Other Channels
- Try tweeting or messaging Instagram’s official support accounts on Facebook or Twitter to bring attention to your suspension appeal.
Submit Feedback to Instagram
- As a last resort, use Instagram’s feedback form to explain your situation in detail and request account reinstatement.
Build a New Account from Scratch
- If all else fails, start fresh by creating a brand new Instagram account. Be extra careful to follow all guidelines to avoid another suspension. Rebuild your following over time.
Key Takeaways for Recovering Your Suspended Instagram Account
- Understand why the suspension occurred – review community guidelines to see where you may have crossed the line.
- Act quickly to submit an appeal – follow Instagram’s suspension appeal process and provide all requested identity confirmation materials.
- Adjust your behavior moving forward – learn from your mistakes and be extra diligent about following Instagram’s rules once your account access is restored.
- Leverage multiple contact methods if appeals are denied – persistently contact Instagram support through all available channels if your initial appeals are rejected.
Recovering a suspended Instagram account takes patience and persistence. But in most scenarios, you should be able to regain access by working directly with Instagram support to show you understand their guidelines. Just don’t give up! With the right appeal strategy, you can get your account reinstated and avoid future suspensions.
That’s all folks! And keep in the same way, if you are suffering with twitter suspensions, i think that you will like to read our article about this matter here.
Otherwise, if do you like to keep in daily with the news, don’t forget do read our article about the current situation between Russian and Ukraine. Click here to read the full article now about this ongoing military conflict. Stay informed about this rapidly developing war in Eastern Europe.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common reasons for Instagram suspending accounts are violating community guidelines, unusual account activity, impersonation, and underage users under 13. Actions like posting inappropriate content, aggressively following/unfollowing, or using bots can trigger suspensions.
Go to Instagram’s Help Center and submit an appeal explaining why you believe the suspension was a mistake. Also upload a photo verifying your identity. Wait for a response within 24-48 hours. If approved, your account will be restored.
Avoid any automated third-party apps for follows/unfollows or liking/commenting. Let your account rest for a day or two and it should get restored. Then be more strategic about manually spacing out your engagement.
Use Instagram’s account support form to report the hacking/impersonation and confirm your identity as the real account owner. Also reset your password, enable 2-factor authentication, and remove any questionable content posted.
Unfortunately accounts suspended for users under 13 cannot be reinstated. You’ll have to wait until you turn 13 and then create a new Instagram account and prove your age.
Persistently continue going through the appeals process, and also reach out through other channels like Instagram’s Facebook/Twitter accounts. As a last resort, submit detailed feedback explaining why your account should be reinstated.